Serco Systems Administrator IV - Herndon, VA in Herndon, Virginia
Systems Administrator IV - Herndon, VA Herndon, VA, US
Job Description Provides expertise to set up, configure and install new software releases and system upgrades. Evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems. May perform system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Participate in technical evaluations of hardware and/or software. Provide support to other functions. May require a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related area and 8-10+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. May report directly to a project lead or manager. The server team technical lead is a seasoned IS professional who is responsible for overseeing a professional work team of server administrators while balancing technical duties. The role provides operational support of several IT systems that enable the company’s various functions. Systems include, but not limited to Windows Servers, Active Directory, VMWare, O365 Exchange, Storage, and Backup & Recovery. The Administrator has a contributing role in the design and development of IT systems. This position will work closely with the overall IT Operations team to ensure availability of IT systems and will require a person that is able to work in a team-oriented environment. Some off-hours work is required.
• Provides operational run and maintain support over the enterprise server environment (Windows Servers, Active Directory, VMWare, Backups, Exchange, and Storage).
• Manage the server operations ticket queue ensuring tickets are properly assigned and SLA targets are met.
• Responds to ticket escalations and priority incidents in accordance with established procedures.
• Ability to provide leadership, promote teamwork, assist the team with prioritizing tasks, and guiding technical decisions.
• Mentors junior staff members for career development.
• Assists the Service Delivery Manager with work priorities, and technical decisions.
• Excellent problem-solving, and organizational abilities
• Demonstrates effective communication with senior management, operational customers, and vendors in both written and verbal presentation.
• Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
• Participates and/or leads in team-based projects, many of which may be matrix managed; must be accustomed to completing deliverables within time and budgetary constraints; develops SOPs, run books, and supporting documentation; development of service improvement plans.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills May require a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related area and 8-10+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. May report directly to a project lead or manager. Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required. Required Experience:
• 7+ years of experience with advanced administration of Windows Server OS 2008, 2008R2, 2012, and 2012R2 • 7+ years of experience with advanced administration of Microsoft Active Directory on a Windows Server 2008 Functional Domain Level. This includes experiencing optimizing Group Policy objects and containers. Subject matter expert on ADDS. • 5+ years of experience managing PKI certificates on servers and other endpoints. Managing trust relationships (both incoming and outgoing). • 5+ years of experience with advanced administration of Active Directory Federated Services. • 5+ years of experience with advanced administration of Windows Domain Controllers. • 3+ years of experience with intermediate administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 servers. • 3+ years of experience with advanced administration of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013. Experience administrating a hybrid Exchange environment (on-premise and Office 365) a must. • • 2 + years of experience with Cisco UCS - Hardware (Blades, chassis, and fabric interconnects) and virtual hardware pool and policy creation and management. • 3+ years of experience/knowledge with VMware 5.5 (DRS, HA, distributed Switches, SRM, etc.) • System Hardening • VMware • Storage (EMC) • Linux/AIX • Works under limited supervision.
Desired Experience: • 3+ years of experience with intermediate administration of Microsoft IIS web servers • 3+ years of experience with advanced Scripting skill in Microsoft PowerShell v3.0 or higher • SCCM and Operations Manager • Storage Systems EMC SAN • Office 365 Administration
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52399994
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Our focus on Bringing Service to Life is more than a tagline, it’s the way we get things done, the way we talk with each other, and the way we interact and respect each other. We succeed by encouraging and generating new ideas. We trust our people to deliver. We are passionate about building innovative and successful Serco businesses. Our most powerful tool in improving performance is to instill a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area IT Infrastructure
Department With a core customer set that includes Health and Human Services (HHS) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the CMS business unit is focused on providing world-class, technology-enabled support services to government organizations, helping them administer health care programs to the public. They unit delivers document processing, outbound call centers, business process design and software, application verification, and benefits determination and processing. The team delivers flexible and responsive solutions to evolving and emerging needs, a deep understanding of eligibility determination, exemptions and inconsistency processes, and knowledge of existing application processing.
- Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-628-6458 or 703-939-6006. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.1818 Library Street, Suite 1000, Reston VA 20190