Serco Lead Test Engineer - Herndon, VA in Herndon, Virginia
Lead Test Engineer - Herndon, VA Herndon, VA, US
Job Description • Develops publishes and implements test plans.
• Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products.
• Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and general test strategies.
• Writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing.
• Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of tasks.
• Leads and direct the work of others.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Required Skills • Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) • Must possess at least 8+ years of QA experience • Should interact & liaison with development & business teams. • Must have good knowledge & experience in implementing Test Methodologies. • Must possess Knowledge of SQL and any other DB experience. • Jira knowledge is must. • Capture test metrics and provide data for reports and metrics. • Knowledge in basic Java programming skills/tools and SQL would be a plus. • Follow QA process and maintains documentation of test results, and any test data to assist the debugging of software issues. • Work independently and make effective use of his/her time and be able to handle and manage multiple tasks list with minimal supervision and also co-ordinate/lead other team members. • Leads or participates in Sprint planning and in Scrum team meetings and ceremonies. • Hands on experience • Performing Gap Analysis on requirements. • Estimation skills and hand-on MS Project experience. • Prepare Test Plan. • Keep track of the new requirements and elicit requirements. • Review functional specifications and architecture design. • Review test scenarios/cases authored and share feedback. • Participate in testing activities (Functional). • Perform defect analysis and conduct defect triage meetings. • Analyze and identify potential problems, and work closely with development team to identify and resolve technical issues.
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52502509
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Our focus on Bringing Service to Life is more than a tagline, it’s the way we get things done, the way we talk with each other, and the way we interact and respect each other. We succeed by encouraging and generating new ideas. We trust our people to deliver. We are passionate about building innovative and successful Serco businesses. Our most powerful tool in improving performance is to instill a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Application Development & Integration
- Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-628-6458 or 703-939-6006. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.1818 Library Street, Suite 1000, Reston VA 20190