Serco Appian Developer - Herndon, VA in Herndon, Virginia
Appian Developer - Herndon, VA Herndon, VA, US
Job Description • Plan, develop, test, and document software, applying knowledge of programming techniques and information systems to support an organization's applications portfolio by leveraging the Appian framework
• Consults with business users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
• Collaborate with internal team, partner resources, and client resources on project related tasks, ensuring delivery dates are met.
• Evaluate change requests to determine feasibility and technical requirements
• Works under general supervision and relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Required Skills • Confident, competitive, thorough, and positive attitude • Knowledge of Appian platform • Web Application and Relational Database (SQL Server, Oracle) Experience (functional understanding of database structure). • Very strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design skills required. • Ability to answer technical questions from customers, writing corresponding technical documentation. • May require a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a related field, and 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52463154
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Our focus on Bringing Service to Life is more than a tagline, it’s the way we get things done, the way we talk with each other, and the way we interact and respect each other. We succeed by encouraging and generating new ideas. We trust our people to deliver. We are passionate about building innovative and successful Serco businesses. Our most powerful tool in improving performance is to instill a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Application Development & Integration
- Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-628-6458 or 703-939-6006. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.1818 Library Street, Suite 1000, Reston VA 20190